Patrick Mahomes continues to put up big numbers in Kansas City as he searches for his second MVP. Let’s take a look at his current odds to win the award heading into Week 17 of the 2022 season.
Patrick Mahomes MVP Odds: Leads MVP Race
Patrick Mahomes MVP odds are -500, according to the top Kansas sportsbooks, Mahomes holds a lead over Bengals QB, Joe Burrow (+600), Bills QB, Josh Allen (+1000), and Eagles QB, Jalen Hurts (+1100) in the MVP race.
It’s no surprise that Mahomes is now the favorite. The Kansas City Chiefs are 12-3 and have won the AFC West once again. Mahomes has continued to increase his MVP odds as the season has progressed. He has 41 touchdowns, and 4,720 passing yards through Week 16. Patrick Mahomes is heavily in the conversation to win the MVP award for the second time in his career.
Patrick Mahomes NFL MVP Odds Movement as of Week 17
For the most part, Patrick Mahomes has seen his odds of winning the MVP increase every week this season. His odds to win the award did not move much during the summer, however, they increased consistently through 16 weeks of the season.
Going into the season, Patrick Mahomes had the second-best odds to win the MVP award behind only Josh Allen. On most Kansas sportsbooks, Mahomes was around +850 to win the award with Allen sitting at +650. After 16 weeks, both players have seen their MVP odds rise and fall. Patrick Mahomes is currently leading the race with a 83.3% chance.
Patrick Mahomes NFL MVP Odds Tracker: Key Developments
Patrick Mahomes has seen his MVP odds rise just about every week this season. Here is a game-by-game recap of his season to date.
- 📆 Week 16 (Dec. 27): Patrick Mahomes MVP odds continue to skyrocket. After his impressive play against the Seattle Seahawks in NFL Week 16, Mahomes odds increased to -500. He leads the MVP race with an 83.3% chance to win the award.
- 📆 Week 15 (Dec. 19): Although it took the Chiefs an overtime to defeat the Texans, the win surged Patrick Mahomes MVP odds to the best we've seen all season. He sits alone in the top spot with a 77.8% chance of winning the award.
- 📆 Week 14 (Dec. 12): Patrick Mahomes is now second in the MVP race at +200 odds after a tough game against the Denver Broncos. Jalen Hurts (-180) is the leading MVP candidate after Week 14.
- 📆 Week 13 (Dec. 5): Mahomes MVP odds fell to +125 after his loss to Joe Burrow and the Cincinnati Bengals. He'll have an opportunity to make up for it against the awful Denver Broncos in Week 14.
- 📆 Week 12 (Nov. 28): Patrick Mahomes has thrown over 300 yards in 6 straight games, but was held to just one touchdown pass against the Rams in Week 12. Mahomes MVP odds dropped to -140, but is still the favorite to win the award.
- 📆 Week 11 (Nov. 21): Mahomes proved just why he is the rightful leader in the NFL MVP race in Week 11. Patrick Mahomes led the Chiefs to a last-minute comeback against the Los Angeles Chargers to win 30-27 and improve the Chiefs record to 8-2.
- 📆 Week 10 (Nov. 14): Patrick Mahomes put on a clinic against the Jacksonville Jaguars in NFL Week 10. Mahomes threw for 331 yards and for touchdowns to help take the Jags down 27-17. Patrick Mahomes MVP odds now stand at +135 as the current leader in the race.
- 📆 Week 9 (Nov. 7): Mahomes did it again. He led the Kansas City Chiefs in some late-game magic to an overtime victory against the Tennessee Titans. This comeback win moved Patrick Mahomes MVP odds to +200. He is the current favorite to win the award.
- 📆 Week 8 (Nov. 2): Patrick Mahomes enjoyed his Week 8 bye as he saw his MVP odds improve from +450 to +430. He'll look to further his odds in Week 9 against the Tennessee Titans.
- 📆 Week 7 (Oct. 24): It was a nice bounce-back week for Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs. They defeated the 49ers 44-23 and Mahomes threw for 423 yards and three touchdowns. His MVP odds improved to +450 as a result.
- 📆 Week 6 (Oct. 18): Patrick Mahomes MVP odds fell to +500 after a tough loss to Josh Allen and the Bills. Instead of Mahomes coming from behind to win the game, it was his MVP candidate rival, Josh Allen.
- 📆 Week 5 (Oct. 11): Mahomes and the Chiefs defeated the Raiders as he threw for 292 yards and four touchdowns. His MVP odds shifted from +500 to +400 after that contest.
- 📆 Week 4 (Oct. 2): Mahomes and the Chiefs scored 41 points against Tom Brady and the Buccaneers. Mahomes saw his MVP odds rise from +625 to +500 after this performance.
- 📆 Week 3 (Sept. 26): Mahomes struggled against the Colts as the Chiefs lost a stunner, 20-17. Mahomes threw just one touchdown and had one interception. Mahomes saw his odds decrease from +475 to +625 after this performance.
- 📆 Week 2 (Sept. 16): Mahomes threw for 235 yards and two touchdowns on Thursday Night Football as the Chiefs defeated the Chargers. Again, this performance increased his MVP odds from +625 to +475.
- 📆 Week 1 (Sept. 12): Patrick Mahomes threw for 360 yards and five touchdowns against the Cardinals in a blowout win. This performance dramatically improved his MVP odds, improving from +850 to +625.
Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs find themselves at 11-3 with the division title heading into Week 16. Check back to see if Patrick Mahomes MVP odds change.
Where Can I Bet on Patrick Mahomes 2022 NFL MVP Odds?
Players in the state of Kansas can wager on Patrick Mahomes to win the 2022 NFL MVP award on multiple Kansas betting apps. Players should sign up for the best operators to find the leading odds and lines when betting on Mahomes to win the NFL MVP award.
Patrick Mahomes FAQs
Kansas City Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes NFL MVP odds are -500 to win the 2022-2023 award. He currently has the best odds to win the award. Mahomes is ahead of Jalen Hurts of the Philadelphia Eagles, Josh Allen of the Buffalo Bills, and Joe Burrow of the Cincinnati Bengals in the MVP race.
Patrick Mahomes won the 2018 MVP as he threw for 50 touchdowns and 5,097 yards in his first full season as a starter. The Chiefs had a record of 12-4 and were the No. 2 seed in the AFC. Mahomes was a unanimous selection for the 2018 MVP award.
Yes. Players can bet on Patrick Mahomes to win the NFL MVP on FanDuel Sportsbook in Kansas or any other legal sportsbook.
Bettors can wager on Patrick Mahomes winning the 2022 MVP award on BetMGM Sportsbook Kansas. Players can also wager on other Patrick Mahomes-related props, including him leading the NFL in passing yards, passing touchdowns, etc.